Work While Studying

Work While Studying

International students with a valid study permit may work while studying in Canada without a work permit. Spouses/Common-law partners of foreign students can also work in Canada while their spouse is studying. The spouse can apply for an Open Work Permit which allows them to work in any job without restriction.

Work On-Campus

Full-time students who are enrolled at an institution may work at that institutions campus in any job without a work permit. Students may work at more than one campus of an institution, provided that they are in the same municipality. Students may be enrolled in any course to be eligible.

Spoken English

Working Off-Campus

Foreign students may qualify to work off-campus without a work permit. This will allow them to:
In order to be eligible to work off campus, international students must: